Saturday, January 30, 2016

Review Saturday: Charlie Puth - "Losing My Mind"

Charlie Puth
"Losing My Mind"
Nine Track Mind
Atlantic

A few days ago, Wikipedia uploaded the tracklist of Puth's debut album with a shock. One of the tracks, "Losing My Mind", features the Indonesian singer who aims the international market. I am not surprised, though, but somehow it looks fishy. If it were true, I expect "Losing My Mind" to be an upbeat song, with innuendo lyrics and erotic dance. Turns out it is not true. And turns out it's not an erotic song. It's not even an upbeat song.

"Losing My Mind" is a standard ballad, there's nothing special from it, though. Puth's vocal doesn't sound so bizarre at all; it's as if his voice is suited for ballad song. But, "Losing My Mind" is really nice ballad. It is stuck in your ear after the first listen. "Losing My Mind" is another apology--as though we need more. Puth sings tenderly as he apologizes that this relationship won't work is because of his fault. "And I'm sorry that I can't be the perfect type of man." 

I think "Losing My Mind" is one of the highlights of Puth's debut album. 




No comments:

Post a Comment